Modified - NRA Garand Match
Course of Fire
Stage 1. – 100 yards – 8 Rounds fired from the standing position. Time Limit : 5 Minutes.
Stage 2. - 100 yards - 8 Rounds fired from any position ( Standing, sitting or prone ) Time Limit :
- Shooters will, on command, have 2 minutes to load and make ready.
- Stages will begin with weapon in the low ready position.
- Shooter may engage targets when the “Commence Firing” command is given.
- At the “Cease Fire” command shooters will unload any remaining rounds and allow range officer to verify the chamber is empty. Weapon may be place in a rack or removed from the range at this time.
- A Target with concentric scoring rings will be used for all matches. Targets will be scored by the Match Director or person appointed by the Match Director. All targets will be scored by same person. Ties will be decided by “X” count then by next ring.
- Bullet holes touching the scoring ring shall be given the higher rings value.
- No Red Dot or Optics allowed
Any Standard issue M1 Garand Service Rifle. Reproductions will be allowed as well.
Rifle must be in “As issued condition”. No optics or Red Dot sights will be allowed.
Rifle may be reconditioned or contain commercially available replacement parts such as trigger groups, new barrel, etc.
Slings are permitted.
No Bi-Pods or other rests will be permitted.
16 rounds of ammunition – may be commercial, surplus, or handloaded. Lead or Jacketed Bullets.
Eye and Hearing protection.
Cost is $10.00
As always these matches are open to Non-Members as well as Members.
Implemented :12 May 2010
|< Prev||Next >|